What Exactly Is “Text Neck” and What Are the Side Effects of it?
Did you know that cell phone use can double or triple the weight of your head and can damage your spine?
What is tech neck?
Prolonged use of technology (phone, computer, tablet) that causes muscle strain is known as tech neck. It can lead to neck pain, weak/tight muscles, and can negatively impact your neck curve (resulting in loss of curvature).
How Does tech neck impact you?
affects three segments of the spine: cervical spine (neck), thoracic spine (back) and lumbar (lower back).The forward and downward position of these parts of our body causes strong pressure on the spine. Moreover, it also creates pain and inflammation of the joints, muscle contractions, dizziness, and headaches.
Here are some tips to prevent tech neck:
- Keep your back straight.
- When writing a message, held the phone at eye level, at a 30-degree angle.
- Learn to use the cell phone with both thumbs.
- Do not tilt the neck while you write a message or look down at the screen. Try to move your eyes, keeping your neck in a neutral position.
- If you are writing a message in bed, make sure that the neck and back are well supported with pillows.
- You can avoid damaging your eyesight by increasing the size of the letter.
- Avoid staying in the same position for long periods when you are sitting. This will benefit not only your neck but also your legs and your spine.
- Get out of your chair and take 5-minute breaks every hour and a half. This allows you to focus your eyes on more distant objects and relax your shoulders.
- Put your tablet on a table with support, not on your lap.
- Being in a well-lit space prevents visual problems and poor posture.
To know more contact us : +91-9891778811