Hydrocephalus Treatment in India | What is Hydrocephalus
- Hydrocephalus Hydro means water and cephalous means brain. When there is an obstruction to the flow of cerebrum spinal fluid (CSF) in the brain, it leads to this diseases
What are the kinds of Hydrocephalus? | Hydrocephalus Treatment in India
- Congenital Hydrocephalus- when there is an obstruction to the flow of CSF from the birth, due to blockage of ventricles it leads to congenital
- Acquired hydrocephalus- when the flow of CSF is obstructed wither internally due to infection, tumour or bleed or externally when a tumour or mass presses on the ventricle to obstruct its flow.
What are the Types of Hydrocephalus? | Hydrocephalus Treatment in India
- Obstructive or non-communicating Hydrocephalus– when there is obstruction to the flow of CSF within the ventricles causing swelling or increase in the size of the ventricles.
- Communicating Hydrocephalus– here there is no obstruction to the flow of the CSF within the ventricles but there is a defect in the absorption of CSF within the veins over the surface of the brain.
What are the symptoms of Hydrocephalus Treatment in India ?
- Severe headache
- Sunset sign- inability to look up. So, eyes have a downward gaze, looking like sunset
- Enlarging size of the head in congenital
- Enlargement of veins over the skull.
What are the Hydrocephalus Treatment
- Shunt surgery– A tube is introduced into the ventricles and tunnelled down below the skin into the abdomen- peritoneum called VP shunt or ventriculoperitoneal shunt. VA shunt or Ventriculo Arterial shunt when the lower end of the shunt is introduced into the heart.
- Third vertriculostomy– here the obstruction to the flow from the third and fourth ventricle is corrected by endoscopy.
Hydrocephalus Treatment in India
if you want to book your appointment to the best doctors for curing you can open this website and book your appointment of any best doctors in india .you can also contact to the given number on this website