What are the symptoms of Back Pain?
- Constant or Stabbing Pain
- Pain extending down to your legs
- Trouble in walking, sleeping and performing daily activities
- Tingling sensation or numbness in one or both legs
- Muscle Pain
When should you see a back pain specialist in?
Some cases of back pain may improve through self-care and back pain treatment at home within a few weeks. Sometimes, when back pain doesn’t improve, there may be an underlying medical problem which should get immediate attention like:
- Trouble with passing stool along with fever
- Trauma due to a car crash or fall
What are the types of Back Pain?
Back Pain can be classified into three categories:
- Acute: Acute Back Pain is a term that is used when the pain lasts less than a month.
- Subacute: Subacute Back Pain is a term used when the pain lasts anywhere between one month to three months.
- Chronic: Chronic Back Pain is when the pain lasts over three months.
Along with these, back pain mostly occurs in four specific areas:
- Cervical Region: Also known as the Neck
- Thoracic Region: Also known as the Upper Back
- Lumbar Region: Also known as the Lower Back
- Sacral & Coccyx Region: Also known as the Tailbone
What are the back pain treatment options for Back Pain?
Depending on a person’s mobility, the back pain specialist near me will recommend back pain treatment. Just like every person is different, every person will also require a different back pain treatment. In the case of acute back pain, over the counter pain relievers will do the job for treating pain.
Medicines: Some medications options which can be used, on the recommendation of the lower back pain specialist in Delhi, are:
- OTC Pain Relievers: Some of the common nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are ibuprofen such as Advil or naproxen sodium. These NSAIDs can be used to treat acute back pain. Overusing these can lead to serious side effects.
- Injections: If the pain isn’t controlled and radiates down to the legs, you may need to inject anti-inflammatory medication or medicine to numb the epidural space.
- Muscle Relaxants: Doctors may prescribe muscle relaxants if the OTC pain relievers don’t cure back pain. Muscle Relaxants can make a person feel dizzy.
- Antidepressants: Some antidepressants prescribed in low dosages have proven to relieve some types of chronic back pain.
- Narcotics: Some drugs such as oxycodone, or hydrocodone which contain opioids can be used for a short duration with the supervision of the back doctor near me.
Other than medication, some other back pain treatment options for treatment of back pain are:
Physical Exercise & Therapy: Physical therapy can include a variety of back pain treatments such as ultrasound, heat, electrical stimulation, or muscle release techniques to improve back pain.
Along with that, various exercises can be used to improve strength, increase flexibility & mobility and improve posture. Regularity and Consistency can prevent the pain from coming back.
Back Pain Surgery: Back Pain Surgery is usually done in case of structural problems such as spinal stenosis or a herniated disk however some people with radiating leg pain and muscle weakness due to nerve compression may need Back Pain Surgery.
What is the cost of back pain treatment of Back Pain Surgery in India?
The cost of back pain treatment in India for Back Pain Surgery can range anywhere between Rs. 3,25,000 to Rs. 5,30,000. The cost of medication can be between Rs. 300 to Rs. 800.