Brain Tumor Surgery in India: Costs, Treatments, and Top Doctors
Back Pain Treatment
Back pain or lower back pain is one of the most common medical problems, affecting 7 out of 10 people during some point in their lives. Back pain can range from a dull, constant ache to sudden sharp pain. Acute back pain comes on a sudden and lasts for a few days or weeks. Chronic back pain can last for more than three to four months and can severely negatively impact an individual life. Long-term pain also reduces one's quality of life, causes depression, and makes one feel isolated from family and friends as it restricts the body movement. If your back pain is severe and not improving after three days, one should immediately consult with an expert. One should also get medical attention if one has back pain after an injury.
Dr. Arun Saroha is an expert doctor in India for back pain treatment, addresses all types of back pain complaints, and provides effective treatment for acute and chronic back pain concerns. Back pain occurs when the lower back parts, such as nerves, vertebra, muscles, or ligaments, suffer from any type of problem, which leads to back pain. Back pain is not a disease but can also occur due to heavy weight lifting, prolonged sitting, poor sitting or sleeping posture, or sometimes due to an injury. But, one should also know that back pain is preventable, and in most cases, the treatment provided by an expert can help one relieve back pain. If the condition is severe and does not get treated with the first line of treatment, then back pain surgery is performed to heal back pain.
NOTE: One must also keep a note that if back pain is accompanied by fever, bladder, or bowel problems, then one must seek immediate care, as it can be a sign of some serious medical condition.
Factors responsible for causing Back Pain
Back pain can affect anyone from a small child to older adults. Multiple types of causes can contribute to a serious back problem. The following are the factors that can cause contribute to back pain:
- Spinal Bifida
- Kidney stones
- Increasing age
- Skeletal irregularities
Symptoms of Back Pain Treatment
- Muscle pain
- Severe back pain that doesn't improve with rest
- Unexplained weight loss along with back pain
- Trouble in walking, sleeping, and performing daily activities
- The pain extends below the knees and legs.
- Tingling sensation or numbness in one or both legs.
Back pain can be classified
- Acute back pain - It is a type of short term back pain that may last for a few days to weeks. This type of pain is acute, and it resolves on its own within a few days if proper self-care is taken.
- Subacute back pain - This type of pain lasts for about one month to three months.
- Chronic back pain - This type of pain continues for 12 weeks or longer.
- The back pain can also occur in the Cervical (neck), Thoracic( Upper Back), Lumbar (Lower Back), and Sacral & Coccyx Region (Tailbone) region.
Types of Back Pain Treatment in India
A complete medical history and physical exam are performed to identify any serious condition that is causing the pain. Neurological or some imaging tests are performed to determine the cause of pain and treatment
Treatment Option for Back Pain Surgery in Delhi
Back pain may be constant or sudden, mild or debilitating, and depending upon the one’s severity, the back pain specialist in India provides the treatment. Dr. Arun Saroha, an expert back spine surgeon in India, recommends the following treatments.
OTC pain relievers:
- Non-steroids anti inflammatory drugs and injections are provided to treat acute back pain.
- Muscle relaxants are often prescribed to cure back pain.
- Low dosages antidepressants and narcotics are proven to relieve some types of chronic back pain.
- Topical pain relief such as gels, creams, sprays is also applied to provide relief from pain. They stimulate the nerves in the skin and cause a change in sensation to lower the pain sensation.
Physical exercise and therapy
Ultrasound, heat, electrical stimulation, or muscle release techniques are the most common physical therapy that helps cure back pain. The back pain treatment doctor near me also recommends various exercises to improve flexibility, strength, and improve posture. Exercise strengthens the abdominal muscles and helps to speed recovery from chronic lower back pain.In case when the medicinal and exercise therapy does not help, then surgery is recommended.
Back pain surgery
The back pain surgery is performed to correct structural problems such as spinal stenosis or a herniated disk, and muscle weakness caused due to nerve compression.
The cost of back pain treatment depends on various factors.
- The experience of the surgeon
- Medications cost
- Operating room and devices cost
- Anesthesia cost
- Type of surgery performed
The back pain surgery cost can range between Rs. 3,25,000 to Rs. 5,30,000. Medication and exercise therapy costs can range between Rs. 300 to Rs. 1500.
Ways to Prevent Back Pain
One must refrain themselves from performing strenuous heavy physical activities and bending activities, as it might actually harm your back. Inactiveness can make the bones and muscles stiff. Hence, one can perform brisk activities like walking and stretching, as recommended by the doctor. If someone is suffering from back pain, then one must consult with a spine specialist to cure the condition.
- Do not try to lift heavy objects that are too heavy.
- Wear comfortable and short heeled shoes.
- Maintain a healthy weight and eat a nutritious diet that is rich in calcium and vitamin D to maintain bone strength.
- Sit straight and maintain a good sitting posture and use ergonomically designed furniture.
- Sleep in a fetal position can help the spine and joint to relieve pressure by reducing the spine curvature.
- Quit smoking and alcohol consumption, as they reduce the blow flow to the lower spine and cause spinal disc degeneration and osteoporosis
- Perform low-impact, age-appropriate exercises regularly to keep muscles strong and flexible.
Dr. Arun Saroha is an expert back pain doctor in Delhi, India with more than 25 + years of experience and has provided the best results to the patient suffering from back pain concerns. He has performed more than 6,000+ successful surgeries for brain and spinal problems. His surgical skills and using cutting-edge technology help him deliver the patients with excellent outcomes and bring more patients worldwide.
Consult Dr. Arun Saroha, an expert back pain treatment doctor in India
Get the best back pain treatment consultation